The IRLC participates on a constant basis in various international partnership programmes with Sapporo University (Japan), Tokyo University of Foreign Studies (Japan), Incheon National University (South Korea), Shenzhen MSU-BIT University (China), and others.
One of the regular programmes of the IRLC is the upgraded qualification course for foreign teachers of the Russian language. Shenzhen MSU-BIT University Russian Language Centre was opened in June 2019 with the stated aim of ameliorating the general standard of foreign teachers of the Russian language. The IRLC played a big part in this process. There were several seminars held as part of the centre’s activities, these included: November-December 2019 in Beijing and Sian, and in April-May 2020 an online seminar that was attended by more than 500 teachers of Russian from all over China..
During summer and autumn 2020, the Institute participated in several joint MSU and Rossotrudnichestvo projects(Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States’ Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation) projects on supporting Russian in Africa.
In October 2020, the IRLC also took part in a supporting programme for teachers of Russian language in Syria.
In the 60 years of its existence (as the MSU Pre-University department for Foreign Citizens, the MSU Centre of International Education and the MSU Institute of Russian Language and Culture), the IRLC has accumulated extensive experience and acquired a strong reputation in the international education market. The Institute of Russian Language and Culture’s partners are:
- The University of Pittsburgh (USA),
- The University of San Diego (USA),
- Bowling Green State University (USA),
- The University of Central Florida (USA),
- The College of William and Mary (USA),
- The University of Leeds (UK),
- The University of Bari Aldo Moro (Italy),
- TOBB University of Economics and Technology (Turkey),
- Tokyo University of Foreign Studies (Japan),
- Sapporo University (Japan),
- Kobe City University of Foreign Studies (Japan),
- Osaka University (Japan),
- Incheon National University (South Korea),
- Keimyung University (South Korea),
- Kyung Hee University (College of Foreign Languages & Literature) (South Korea),
- Kyungpook National University (South Korea),
- Tamkang University (Taiwan),
- Shaanxi Normal University (China),
- Sichuan International Studies University (China).
Students from Eton College (UK) and the University of Bergamo (Italy) and the University of Naples Federico II (Italy) regularly come to study with us. Employees of the embassies of France, the United Kingdom, Libya, the United Arab Emirates, Angola, India and other countries are trained at the Centre on a regular basis.