Russian Language Winter School
Who can study
If you are 16 years old or older, if you are studying Russian language or if you want to start learning it, welcome to our Russian Language Winter School.
When can you start
You can come and start studying at any period from 14 January till 10 March
How long can you study
Minimum study period - 2 weeks (2 modules), maximum period – 8 weeks (8 modules).
Students live in one of the MSU dormitories. The average price varies from $11 to $13 a day depending on the type of the dormitory.
On the weekends we offer a wide range of excursions to different cities: Saint-Petersburg, Tver, Sergiev Posad, Yaroslavl and Nizhniy Novgorod.
Price list* (including train tickets):
- Saint-Petersburg (3 days, 2 nights) – $500
- Tver (2 days, 1 night) – $145
- Yaroslavl (2 days, 1 night) – $145
- Nizhniy Novgorod (2 days, 1 night) – $150
- Sergiev Posad (1 day) – $65
*the payment should be made in rubles at the current exchange rate of the Central Bank of Russia
Programs and Tuition fees
Our program consists of lessons in the class and outdoor activities on the streets, in the museums and parks of Moscow.
During these activities you will be able to practice Russian and learn more about Russian culture.
- 1 week (5 days) equals one module;
- 1 module = 20 academic hours in the class and 12 academic hours of outdoor activities*;
- Tuition fee** for 1 module – $170.
For individual students:
Based on the results of the entrance test that you will take upon your arrival we will assign you to the group where you will study.
You will have group lessons 3 days a week. 3 lessons every day which is 6 academic hours (altogether 18 academic hours a week).
On the remaining 2 days you will attend special courses that you can choose yourself.
The courses include Russian literature, History, Culture, Business Russian, Phonetics, Russian idiomatic language, Preparation for TORFL and others. Each course is 4 academic hours. So this sums up to 8 academic hours a week altogether.
Special courses are for students from all groups.
- One group is up to 10 people;
- 1 week = 26 academic hours: 18 hours of Russian Language and 8 hours – special courses;
- At the Beginners level the students study only Russian language (26 academic hours a week);
- Tuition fee** for 1 week – $170.
*The museum and park tickets are not included in the tuition fee and should be paid additionally.
** The payment should be made in rubles at the current exchange rate of the Central Bank of Russia.
What do you need to do if you want to participate in the program
You can ask additional questions or apply for the program by emailing:
Head of the Admission department of IRLC MSU Maloglazova Irina firstname.lastname@example.org or
Director of the Winter School Tchastnykh Valeriy email@example.com.